Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) Training Standards 2019 - NAPPI Approach
NAPPI was one of the first five organisations to be approved to deliver training that meets the Restraint Reduction (RRN) Training Standards, both direct training and to support Affiliated Service Providers (those who deliver the NAPPI RRN approved curriculum in-house).
Whether your employees receive training direct from NAPPI, or whether training is delivered by on-site trainers, we are required to ask you to provide information for analyses. The NAPPI approach is to break things down into simple steps and we have applied this to the RRN Training Standards.
As the commissioning organisation, you will need to provide:
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Individual Risk Assessments
NAPPI Cloud based system
Within the last few months, NAPPI client-partners have already processed several thousand Training Needs Analyses and Individual Risk Assessments using our bespoke cloud-based system. This service is fully inclusive, there is no additional charge.
Training Needs Analysis
This section gathers generic information about the organisation, such as:
- Named person who takes responsibility for restraint reduction
- Organisational response to first aid training
- Organisational post-incident procedures
- Support available to employees
- Policies and procedures
- Services within the organisational structure
- Name of allocated person(s) to complete service level section
Once submitted, the TNA is verified by NAPPI auditors and the allocated individuals are invited to complete the Service level section.
This section gathers service-specific information, such as:
- Description of the service
- Service user age range
- Number of employees to be trained
- Structure of employee team/experience of team
- Employee roles/age range/experience
- Employee support needs required during training
- Service users' name of allocated person to complete Individual Risk Assessments
Once submitted, the Service TNA is verified by NAPPI auditors and the allocated individuals are invited to complete the Individual Risk Assessments.
Individual Risk Assessments
This section gathers service user-specific information, such as:
- Cultural heritage
- Frequency and severity of Behaviour of Concern
- History of previous primary prevention strategies
- History of previous secondary strategies
- History of previous tertiary strategies (restrictive /non-restrictive)
- Data on skill usage
Data gathered from the TNA and IRA is analysed to highlight any current increased risks posed to the service user or to the employees to be trained. A rationale for usage and provision of training, is based on current evidence and the past two years of incident data. If the training of a restrictive physical skill is recommended by NAPPI, it must also be authorised by a named person within the commissioning organisation. This service is fully inclusive, there is no additional charge.
As the commissioning organisation you will also be expected to provide evidence of Restraint Reduction Planning. You may have already got this in place, but if not, don’t worry because NAPPI has got a purpose-built Cloud based tool for this and it is fully inclusive, there is no additional charge.
For further information about how NAPPI can support you with the RRN Training Standards, please call one of the team on 01723 353353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.