Safeguarding Adults Awareness
New remote delivery - updated with COVID-19 specific information
The aim of this training is to increase awareness of the types and forms of abuse to enable identification of preventative measures to avoid abuse and establish what should be done when abuse is suspected.
During the COVID-19 crisis, it is more important than ever to safeguard adults with care and support needs. Sadly, national statistics show a high incidence of abuse from a family member or even the paid care provider. This means that those living alone are now more isolated than ever, making them particularly vulnerable.
Participants will identify ways to improve the safety of vulnerable adults as highlighted in the Care Act (2014) such as Making Safeguarding Personal, founded on Six Key Principles that should guide everyone who works with adults, in all settings. No decision about me Without me is the person-centred approach where the adult, their family and carers work together with agencies to support informed choices and decision making to keep people safe.
NAPPI Remote Delivery
The awareness session is three-hours long, delivered over two 90 minute blocks.
Block 1: Identification; Forms and Types of Abuse
Block 2: Six Key Principles; Reporting; Body Maps
This workshop is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support continuum. The more staff are aware about an individual, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
Awareness Workshop Pricing:
The cost of attending the Safeguarding Awareness (two-blocks) is £37.50 + VAT per person.
|01-06-2021||9.00 am - 12.30 pm||
Become a Safeguarding Awareness Trainer
As a trainer you will be licenced for 12 months to deliver the NAPPI Remote Delivery Safeguarding Awareness course. You will be provided with:
- A comprehensive trainer guide on how to deliver the session remotely
- The pdf to support the remote delivery
- Access to your own Trainer Account to process training
- Participant registration forms and assessment tracking document
- An Organisation Account to oversee all training
- Auditing of all training courses that you deliver
- An Internal Quality Assurance Report on your documentation
- Issue of unlimited individualised certificates.
Awareness Trainer Pricing:
- Attend the Awareness topic by NAPPI Remote Delivery
- Complete the NAPPI Online Facilitator Development programme (Note: not required for those who are NAPPI trainers, or can evidence a teaching/training qualification)
- Purchase annual trainer licence @ £325 + VAT per topic
Online Facilitator Development programmeClick here for further details and dates.
Email NAPPI about this course
Call 01723 353353 to speak to NAPPI
Click here to download a Safeguarding Awareness workshop datasheet