Mental Health Awareness
New remote delivery - updated with COVID-19 specific information
The aim of this training is to increase awareness of what is meant by mental health. This is a concern for us all, as mental health problems are the most common cause of all health problems. However, mental illness remains steeped in stigma and fear.
As circumstances develop due to Coronavirus it is easy to feel overwhelmed by uncertainty. Everyone will react differently to the changes that have been imposed upon us because of how they feel and their ability to cope. This is even more difficult with for those who already struggle with mental health, who may react differently to the anxiety and isolation. There has never been a time when mental health awareness training is more important.
Increased awareness of how an individual is affected by a mental health problem will assist staff to understand how they may feel, leading to how they may behave. This understanding enables staff to give more effective support to assist the individual reach a state of wellbeing, (as described by the World Health Organisation) where they can realise their own potential, to cope with the normal stresses of life, to work productively and fruitfully, and be able to make a contribution to their community.
This workshop is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support continuum. The more staff are aware about how an individual has been affected by mental illness, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
NAPPI Remote Delivery
The awareness session is three-hours long, delivered over two 90 minute blocks.
Block 1: Definitions, Neuroses, Psychoses, Fight or Flight
Block 2: Risk Factors, Wellbeing, Mental Health Continuum
This award is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support Model. The more employees are aware about how an individual has been affected by epilepsy, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
Awareness Workshop Pricing:
The cost of attending the Mental Health Awareness (two-blocks) is £37.50 + VAT per person.
|09-11-2021||09:30 - 13:00||
Become a Mental Health Awareness Trainer
As a trainer you will be licenced for 12 months to deliver the NAPPI Remote Delivery Mental Health Awareness course. You will be provided with:
- A comprehensive trainer guide on how to deliver the session remotely
- The pdf to support the remote delivery
- Access to your own Trainer Account to process training
- Participant registration forms and assessment tracking document
- An Organisation Account to oversee all training
- Auditing of all training courses that you deliver
- An Internal Quality Assurance Report on your documentation
- Issue of unlimited individualised certificates.
Awareness Trainer Pricing:
- Attend the Awareness topic by NAPPI Remote Delivery
- Complete the NAPPI Online Facilitator Development programme (Note: not required for those who are NAPPI trainers, or can evidence a teaching/training qualification)
- Purchase annual trainer licence @ £325 + VAT per topic
Online Facilitator Development programmeClick here for further details and dates.
Email NAPPI about this course
Call 01723 353353 to speak to NAPPI
Click here to download a Mental Health Awareness workshop datasheet