Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) Training Standards 2019
NAPPI are Certificated with BILD ACT (Association of Certified Training) to deliver training that complies with the Restraint Reduction Network - Training Standards (2019). These standards replace accreditation under the BILD Code of Practice. See NAPPI listed here.
NAPPI is ready to support new clients with training that is RRN compliant.
Existing NAPPI clients can convert from the BILD Accredited training onto the RRN Training Standards. Click here to download the NAPPI RRN Conversion Course Outline.
Do the standards apply to you?
- Does your service receives NHS funding, or is inspected by CQC?
- Do your employees need training in Restrictive Physical Intervention or Clinical Holding?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, then these standards will apply to you and will be mandatory from 1st April 2020.
The RRN Training Standards require that commissioning organisations (you) provide the training provider (NAPPI) with relevant information.
- Training Needs Analysis
- Individual Risk Assessment
- Restraint Reduction Plans
Note: NAPPI has a user-friendly online system to record these requirements. For more information call 01723 353353.
Planning and Review
The RRN Training Standards require that commissioning organisations (you) and the training provider (NAPPI) agree on the development and delivery of courses.
- Course content is developed to meet the RRN criteria
- Delivery Plan designed to meet the needs of participants
- Evaluation systems ensure participants needs were met
- Review processes to ensure the course content met the TNA
For more information about how NAPPI can support your organisation to meet the RRN Training Standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01723 353353 and speak to the team.