The aim of this training is to increase awareness of Epilepsy. This awareness will help reduce the stigma and discrimination that still exists despite the introduction of the Equality Act (2010).
Increased awareness of how an individual may be affected by Epilepsy will assist staff to understand how they may feel, leading to how they may behave. This understanding enables staff to give more effective support to assist the individuals to have increased independence and reduced risk.
There is currently no evidence of there being an increased risk of Coronavirus infection in people with epilepsy whose seizures are well controlled; however, those with uncontrolled seizures and particularly seizures triggered by fever or infection, may be more vulnerable.
NAPPI Remote Delivery
The awareness session is three-hours long, delivered over two 90 minute blocks.
Block 1: Definitions, Types of seizure
Block 2: Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy, First Aid for Seizures, Strategies
This award is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support Model. The more employees are aware about how an individual has been affected by epilepsy, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
Awareness Workshop Pricing
The cost of booking a Closed Zoom session for a group of up to 18 participants is: £450 + VAT.
The cost of booking an In-person delivery for a group of up to 18 participants is: £450 + VAT + expenses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
This awareness workshop is suitable for those who support individuals who live with epilepsy. It is a pre-requisite for those wanting to progress to become an Epilepsy Awareness trainer.
Become a Epilepsy Awareness Trainer
As a trainer you will be licenced for 12 months to deliver the NAPPI Remote Delivery Epilepsy Awareness course. You will be provided with:
- A comprehensive trainer guide on how to deliver the session remotely
- The pdf to support the remote delivery
- Access to your own Trainer Account to process training
- Participant registration forms and assessment tracking document
- An Organisation Account to oversee all training
- Auditing of all training courses that you deliver
- An Internal Quality Assurance Report on your documentation
- Issue of unlimited individualised certificates.
Awareness Trainer Pricing:
- Attend the Awareness topic by NAPPI Remote Delivery
- Complete the NAPPI Online Facilitator Development programme (Note: not required for those who are NAPPI trainers, or can evidence a teaching/training qualification)
- Purchase annual trainer licence @ £325 + VAT per topic
Online Facilitator Development programmeClick here for further details and dates.
Call 01723 353353 to speak to NAPPI