New remote delivery - updated with COVID-19 specific information
The aim of this training is to increase awareness of Dementia. The Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia (2020) highlights the progress that has been made since Living Well With Dementia: a national dementia strategy (2009) and how they plan to move forward.
This course considers the elements of cognitive decline, communication and how to problem solve. It makes specific links to the additional considerations of supporting individuals with dementia through the Coronavirus pandemic. Individuals with dementia have the same illnesses as everyone else; however, the way they respond to illness may be different and not obvious. Their presentation of Coronavirus may be very different from that of people who do not have dementia.
Due to confusion and communication difficulties, there is a risk of diagnostic overshadowing when an individual may not be able to communicate their pain. They may present with a behaviour of concern and their illness may be overlooked. There has never been a more important time to increase employee’s awareness of dementia and how it may affect an individual.
NAPPI Remote Delivery
The awareness session is three-hours long, delivered over two 90 minute blocks.
Block 1: Definition & Cognitive Decline
Block 2: Communication; Problem Solving & Strategies
This award is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support Model. The more employees are aware about how an individual has been affected by dementia, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
Awareness Workshop Pricing:
The cost of attending the Dementia Awareness (two-blocks) is £37.50 + VAT per person.
Training DatesWe will shortly be adding more dates for this module/course.
Become a Dementia Awareness Trainer
As a trainer you will be licenced for 12 months to deliver the NAPPI Remote Delivery Dementia Awareness course. You will be provided with:
- A comprehensive trainer guide on how to deliver the session remotely
- The pdf to support the remote delivery
- Access to your own Trainer Account to process training
- Participant registration forms and assessment tracking document
- An Organisation Account to oversee all training
- Auditing of all training courses that you deliver
- An Internal Quality Assurance Report on your documentation
- Issue of unlimited individualised certificates.
Awareness Trainer Pricing:
- Attend the Awareness topic by NAPPI Remote Delivery
- Complete the NAPPI Online Facilitator Development programme (Note: not required for those who are NAPPI trainers, or can evidence a teaching/training qualification)
- Purchase annual trainer licence @ £325 + VAT per topic
Online Facilitator Development programmeMonday 16th November. 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (Blocks 1 – 3)
Email NAPPI about this course
Call 01723 353353 to speak to NAPPI
Click here to download a Dementia Awareness workshop datasheet