Mental Capacity Act Awareness
The aim of this training is to increase awareness of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS). This awareness will help when developing strategies to support an individual to make decisions and reduce the risk of depriving someone of their liberty, especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Unlike the Care Act, the MCA and the related DoLS has not been altered by the emergency Coronavirus Act (2020). The individuals most at risk from Covid-19 are likely to be the group of people who are protected by the MCA such as those with learning disabilities, autism or dementia. This means the five principles on which the MCA is based, still apply and are as important as ever.
Covid-19 has made DoLS much more complicated and there is guidance on applying DoLS during the crisis. For example, new, shorter application form which can be used for urgent DoLS authorisations. Increased awareness of the MCA & DoLS avoids situations that can occur in the workplace when staff might unwittingly deprive an individual of their liberty, or deny them choice and opportunities, especially if care regimes are more restrictive as a result of the pandemic.
This workshop is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support continuum. The more staff are aware about an individual, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
This awareness workshop is suitable for those who support individuals who live with mental health issues. It is a pre-requisite for those wanting to progress to become a Mental Capacity Act Awareness trainer.
NAPPI Remote Delivery
The awareness session is three-hours long, delivered over two 90 minute blocks.
- Block 1: The Mental Capacity Act
- Block 2: Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards/Liberty Protection Safeguards
This award is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support Model. The more employees are aware about how an individual has been affected by epilepsy, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower them to have a better quality of life.
Awareness Workshop Pricing
The cost of booking a Closed Zoom session for a group of up to 18 participants is: £450 + VAT.
The cost of booking an In-person delivery for a group of up to 18 participants is: £450 + VAT + expenses.
Please contact email@example.com for a quote.
Become a Mental Capacity Act Awareness Trainer
As a trainer you will be licenced for 12 months to deliver the NAPPI Remote Delivery Mental Capacity Act Awareness course. You will be provided with:
- A comprehensive trainer guide on how to deliver the session remotely
- The pdf to support the remote delivery
- Access to your own Trainer Account to process training
- Participant registration forms and assessment tracking document
- An Organisation Account to oversee all training
- Auditing of all training courses that you deliver
- An Internal Quality Assurance Report on your documentation
- Issue of unlimited individualised certificates.
Awareness Trainer Pricing:
- Attend the Awareness topic by NAPPI Remote Delivery
- Complete the NAPPI Online Facilitator Development programme (Note: not required for those who are NAPPI trainers, or can evidence a teaching/training qualification)
- Purchase annual trainer licence @ £325 + VAT per topic
Online Facilitator Development programmeClick here for further details and dates.