Learning Disability Awareness
The aim of this training is to increase awareness of what is meant by a learning disability and how this can affect an individual’s life.
Those who have a learning disability may take longer to learn new things. It may affect the way they understand information and how they communicate with others. Difficulties with day-to-day living activities can affect their ability to live independently.
The impact of the Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted the vulnerability of those individuals with learning disabilities. Social distancing and sometimes shielding has been recommended for safety; however, the significant changes this brings to an individual’s routine can result in increased levels of distress. With common difficulties including expressing feeling and explaining needs, it is really important that employees have increased awareness of strategies that can reduce distress and any resulting behaviour of concern.
This workshop is a stand-alone-course that has strong links to the NAPPI Positive Behaviour Support Model, endorsed by OCN (London). The more staff are aware about how an individual has been affected by mental illness, the more that can be done to reduce behaviour of concern and empower individuals to have a better quality of life.
This training is linked to the NHS Core Capabilities Framework for Supporting People with a Learning Disability, with content delivered at Tier 1, whilst incorporating aspects of Tier 2 criteria.
NAPPI Remote Delivery
The awareness session is three-hours long, delivered over two 90 minute blocks.
Block 1: Understanding Learning Disability; Communication
Block 2: Legislation; Strategies
Awareness Workshop Pricing
The cost of booking a Closed Zoom session for a group of up to 18 participants is: £450 + VAT.
The cost of booking an In-person delivery for a group of up to 18 participants is: £450 + VAT + expenses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
This awareness workshop is suitable for all. It is a pre-requisite for those wanting to progress to become a Learning Disability Awareness trainer.
Become a Learning Disability Awareness Trainer
As a trainer you will be licenced for 12 months to deliver the NAPPI Remote Delivery Epilepsy Awareness course. You will be provided with:
- A comprehensive trainer guide on how to deliver the session remotely
- The pdf to support the remote delivery
- Access to your own Trainer Account to process training
- Participant registration forms and assessment tracking document
- An Organisation Account to oversee all training
- Auditing of all training courses that you deliver
- An Internal Quality Assurance Report on your documentation
- Issue of unlimited individualised certificates.
Awareness Trainer Pricing:
- Attend the Awareness topic by NAPPI Remote Delivery
- Complete the NAPPI Online Facilitator Development programme (Note: not required for those who are NAPPI trainers, or can evidence a teaching/training qualification)
- Purchase annual trainer licence @ £325 + VAT per topic
Online Facilitator Development programmeClick here for further details and dates.
Call 01723 353353 to speak to NAPPI